Now is the time to join forces to protect, foster, and strengthen the local businesses in our cities and towns that give us a sense of place, ensure our diverse culture, and provide us with strong unique communities we are proud to call home.
PVLF offers a full array of benefits ensuring that your business gets in front of consumers looking for options for local shopping and service-providers.
*for Benefits of being an Individual Supporter, please see below.
This chart shows one of the best reasons to join PV Local First.
- Promotion of your business through your own web page on www.PVLocalFirst.org with valuable Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for your page and a high page rank link to your business' website.
- A rotating banner of your picture/logo prominently on our home page as a Featured Member! Effectively putting your business in front of tens of thousands of customers actively seeking local shops and service providers.
- Discounts on group advertising rates with local print and broadcast media. See our Member to Member Deals page.
- Decals showing membership in Pioneer Valley Local First Member for your store front window(s). This PV Local First decal in your window will assure potential customers that yours is a locally owned, independent business.
- Strengthen your connection to people and other businesses who care about Western Mass and our local, living economy.
- Access to discounts and deals offered by member businesses exclusively to other member businesses. See our Member to Member Deals page.
- Discounts to ticketed Pioneer Valley Local First Events.
- Positive PR for your business through cause related marketing.
- Potential media exposure for your business or organization.
- Increase in sales and market share through educating the public about the economic, ecological and community benefits of shopping locally.
- Encouragement of local governments, colleges, universities, and non-profits to increase their purchasing from local, independent businesses and to increase local business-to-business purchasing as well.
- Support for your business in the development of Action Plans to make positive changes to benefit our local economy, community, and/or environment. By request, we will provide assistance to help your business do more local purchasing, set up recycling/composting programs and/or work with organizations like the Center for EcoTechnology (CET) ReEnergizer or Coop Power to purchase green electricity or bio-fuels.
- The more members we have, the more effective we will be in encouraging people, businesses, municipalities, and non-profits to shop with local, independent businesses, like yours.
- Last, but not least, we will all share in a higher quality of life and greater degrees of financial success for the Pioneer Valley, both north and south, when all of us - business owners, consumers, producers, students, employees and neighbors - think first of the local economy and increase the economic activity we do with locally owned, independent businesses.
Ready to Become A Member? Click here.
Member Rewards and Responsibilities:
Again, we strongly believe that as all of us who live and work in the Pioneer Valley think first of the local economy in our daily decisions, we will all share in the benefits of a higher-quality of life and commensurate financial success in the Pioneer Valley. The more of us shop locally, the more wealth will be retained in this area and the more we can all support each other in our work and our life. Passionate involvement in the local economy will produce these wonderful rewards!
Benefits of being an Individual Supporter:
1. Discounts to all paid Pioneer Valley Local First events
2. Receive our email up-dates of great events supporting our local, living economy.
3. Qualifies you for membership with the Pioneer Valley Credit Union.
4. Knowledge that you are actively supporting PVLF and benefitting your community.
Because, PVLF is a 501c6, your contribution is not tax-deductible.
Cost: $25/year, $15/year for students/lower income individuals to become an Individual Supporter. Please note, financial contributions at any level are greatly appreciated and go a long way towards supporting our mission.